We are pleased to announce a recent addition to our team! Dr. Jessica Delgado, a specialist in Orthodontics, is now available for patients who want an attractive smile and a properly-aligned bite.
To meet with Dr. Delgado personally, call 586-739-2155 to request a free, no obligation consultation. Also, visit: https://www.banrbarbatdds.com/meet-dr-delgado.php to learn more about Dr. Delgado’s excellent qualifications.
It’s easy to SEE that straight teeth create a more appealing smile. Yet, the advantages go further. Having proper bite alignment helps you to avoid a number of problems, including:
• Maintaining a healthy smile: Properly aligned teeth are easier to keep clean through brushing and flossing. When teeth are crowded or crooked, they form tight angles where oral bacteria can accumulate and is harder to remove. This increases your risk for cavities and periodontal (gum) disease.
• Straight teeth creates smiles that make us feel good: Smiling sends a signal to our brains to release endorphins, which is a brain chemical that creates a happy mood. Naturally, when we feel good about smiling, it makes us want to smile more. And, smiling is good for our overall health. Research has shown that people who smile often extend their lifespans up to 3 years, on average.
• Straight teeth send a positive message to others: When teeth are in proper alignment, they look healthy. Having a healthy smile sends a positive message to others about your commitment to healthy living and standards. And, because straight teeth enhance the appearance of a smile, they help to bolster our self-esteem and self-confidence.
• Straight teeth can add years to your life: People with natural teeth live ten years longer, on average, than those who wear dentures. When natural teeth are in proper alignment, it easier to hold onto to them.
• Avoiding TMJ disorders: The jaw joints (‘temporo-mandibular joints’ or commonly referred to as TMJ) are located on each side of the head in front of the ears. These joints hinge the lower jaw to your skull. Every time you speak, eat or laugh, these joints move. When teeth are not positioned in unity, it tends to create stress or strain on the joints. Problems that result can include migraines, headaches, sore jaw joints as well as teeth that are chipped, worn or broken. TMJ disorder is the cause of most night-time clenching and grinding and can also lead to ear ringing, jaw popping, difficulty opening the mouth and dizziness.
• Straight teeth help you avoid tooth damage: When teeth are crooked, the teeth beside, above or below tend to shift. This can lead to chipped, broken or fractured teeth. Although a crown can repair these mishaps, a break that extends beneath the gum line typically requires removal of the tooth.
Both adults and adolescents benefit from having a healthy smile of properly-aligned teeth. Begin with a free consultation to discuss your options with Dr. Delgado, including Invisalign and Invisalign Teen. Invisalign uses clear molds to gentle ease teeth into proper positions. Plus, they are removable for eating and brushing. And, no wires or brackets to create tender spots!
During your visit, ask about financial plans that allow you to enjoy the benefits of a terrific smile while making easy, monthly payments. Our Financial Coordinator, Deb, will be happy to show you just how affordable a healthy, confident smile can be! Call 586-739-2155.