When people have the appearance of their smiles enhanced, what seems to stand out is how the new smile makes them FEEL even more than its improved appearance.
A beautiful smile is an asset to both appearance and how they are perceived by others. An added perk is how it enhances self-confidence, self-esteem and social interaction. Its ability to brighten up how we FEEL about ourselves has a positive impact, every day!
When it comes to achieving a beautiful smile, having cosmetic dentistry performed to the highest standards makes a world of difference. Cosmetic dentistry that provides the truly desired outcome requires specific skills of the dentist entrusted with achieving your goals. This dentist should be able to envision what will work best for each patient and then create an individualized plan for it based upon oral contours, bite alignment, desired outcome and creating a natural look with exceptional longevity. This, of course, involves taking into consideration many unique factors. It begins with a treatment plan based upon a combination of procedures chosen specifically for your best smile.
For example, in some smiles, the front four or six teeth may be all that need involvement while other people need the front eight or ten involved in treatment. Some teeth may do fine with porcelain veneers while others require porcelain crowns. Gum tissues may also require re-contouring so the smile line provides a balanced look. Whitening all teeth prior to treatment may be advised so all teeth have the same bright shade desired by the patient.
Having received advanced training in both neuromuscular dentistry and cosmetic dentistry at one of the world’s most prestigious training institutes (LVI), I’ve been able to recreate smiles that allow the true joy of an individual to step forward! And, these smiles are the BEST reason to have your cosmetic procedures done in our Shelby Township dental office.
I am also a highly-trained neuromuscular dentist.
A Neuromuscular Dentist is trained to have a unique understanding of the disruptions to cranio-facial interactions. This area of dentistry enables these dentists to incorporate neuromuscular considerations into restorative and cosmetic dental treatment. This helps patients to avoid problems in the future or correct those they may have been struggling with for years.
When any dental procedure fails to ensure occlusal factors, the disparity can eventually cause imbalances that show up in seemingly disassociated ways. For example, the cause of frequent headaches or migraines can be a disparity in one’s dental anatomy. And, it doesn’t take much. Only one millimeter (1/25th of an inch) can disrupt harmonious bite alignment and lead to malocclusion. This disparity can extend out to the facial muscles, jaw joints, and even the structures that involve the ears.
A neuromuscular dentist can incorporate the proper alignment of teeth in order to eliminate stress or strain to the TMJ, or jaw joints. Cosmetic dentistry, done right, takes the longterm aspects into consideration as treatment is planned. A neuromuscular dentist knows the importance of properly-aligned teeth in addition to providing an attractive smile of straight teeth.
Determining which procedures to help you achieve your smile goals can be discussed during a free consultation. Typically, one or a combination of the following can achieve the best outcome for each patient…
• PORCELAIN VENEERS & CROWNS: The ideal material for reshaping and enhancing teeth is porcelain. Porcelain has a natural luminosity and opalescence, providing the most natural look and feel possible. Porcelain veneers and crowns have exceptional longevity, resist staining and even reflect light as natural teeth. Plus, porcelain’s durability is superior to any other material used in cosmetic dentistry.
• TEETH WHITENING: One of the most economical ways to improve the appearance of a smile is to whiten it. A white, bright smile is appealing and often projects a healthy, well-cared for look. In about an hour, our Zoom 2 whitening system provides far superior results than over-the-counter types. Surprisingly affordable for almost any individual, the whitening you’ll achieve will also last far longer than drug store versions.
• GUM RESHAPING: Reshaping the gum tissues that arch teeth can have a significant affect on the appearance of a smile. Having too much gum tissue above upper teeth when smiling (known as a “gummy smile”) can be corrected with comfort and precision in our dental office using a dental laser. The laser is also ideal for reshaping gum tissues over single teeth to match the gum arch of neighboring teeth. This gives a more balanced “smile line.”
• TOOTH REPLACEMENT: As adults age, tooth loss can occur. In these cases, we can also incorporate tooth replacement into cosmetic dental treatment plans. We offer all stages of dental implants as well as crown-&-bridge and custom-designed partials. Using the advanced skills of neuromuscular dentistry and advanced technology, these restorations blend beautifully with surrounding teeth and provide a highly natural look, feel and function.
In addition to advanced skills, cosmetic dentistry in our Macomb County dental office has the backing of a tremendous amount of advanced technology. These features can save the patient time in treatment, enhance comfort and optimize results.
Cone Beam 3D imaging is one, which is a system that captures clear, concise and intricate views in one pass around the patient. As mentioned earlier, our dental laser safely and precisely contours gum tissues, sealing the tissue as it goes. A laser also helps to eliminate or minimize bleeding and speeds healing time.
When you consider that a beautiful smile adds so much to your life, a smile makeover is truly an excellent investment. With easy payment plans, nearly any individual can achieve a smile they love. In our Shelby Township dental office, we are able to help patients enjoy their new smile while making affordable, monthly payments.
Our financial coordinator can assist you in finding a plan that fits your budget. In addition to accepting all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), these can beak total treatment costs into affordable, monthly amounts – often with no down payment required and interest-free payments.
• CareCredit® is exclusively for healthcare services. You’ll get low monthly payments for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including dental procedures. Plus, you can use your card over and over for follow-up appointments. Learn more by visiting CareCredit.com or contacting our office.
• Lending Club Patient Solutions offers plans with low fixed rates, low monthly payments that never change over the life of the loan, interest-free plans with no retroactive interest, no upfront payments and no prepayment penalty. Your potential monthly payments can be calculated online without impacting your credit score.
• Alphaeon Credit, our newest option, provides easy payment plans for patients in manageable, monthly amounts.
Why not achieve the smile you desire before another year begins while making affordable monthly payments? We will be happy to discuss these options in more detail on the phone, during a private consultation, or assist you with an online application.
Too, if you have remaining insurance benefits for 2022, call our office to arrange for dental care which may be due. Any cosmetic dental procedure cannot begin without having healthy teeth and gums.
We want your new smile to bring you compliments and the motivation to smile often! With our commitment to comfort, beautiful results, and affordability for our Macomb and Oakland County patients, that’s what you can look forward to!
To learn more about what may be recommended to create your BEST smile, begin with a free consultation. Call 586-739-2155 or tap here to schedule. I look forward to meeting you! In the meantime, visit our Smile Gallery to see just a few of your patients’ terrific smiles! And, get to know us through a brief introductory video at: DrBarbatIntro