As a dentist who has advanced training in the care of fearful dental patients, I’ve spent decades structuring our Shelby Township dental office to help these individuals accomplish much-needed dentistry. This has involved the options of oral sedation, IV sedation (twilight sleep), soothing features throughout the office, and an entire staff committed to the ultimate comfort and relaxation of every patient.
Part of this commitment is reflected in the advanced technology we provide. These state-of-the-art features can often shorten treatment time, enhance comfort, minimize treatment needs, and speed healing time.
Just a few include…
CONE BEAM 3D – This imaging captures clear, concise 3D views at the lowest radiation level possible. In one pass, cone beam images can be used for determining ideal dental implant sites, TMJ (jaw joint) assessment, review of airway passages, orthodontic evaluation, wisdom teeth angles, and determining origins of infections, cysts, tumors and root canal needs.
BIOPAK – This system records the functions and harmony of the upper and lower jaw, jaw joints, and associated muscles at various ranges. This supports proper TMJ disorder diagnosis and treatment planning as well as in sleep disorders and craniofacial pain. It is also used to evaluate patients for restorative, orthodontic, denture, implant and ‘bite’ reconstruction.
TEKSCAN (T-Scan™) Digital Occlusal Analysis – This bite evaluation goes far beyond what ‘articulating paper’ can reveal, showing where bite contact is made as well as when and with how much force. T-Scan is the only technology that shows the measured force and the timing of occlusal surfaces coming together. Its findings help to pinpoint problem areas associated with facial pain and tooth sensitivity. It is also beneficial in extending the longevity of crowns, bridges, and veneers as well as in determining optimal dental implant placement sites.
ND: YAG LASER – This laser eliminates or greatly minimizes bleeding during procedures, reduces numbing requirements, removes bacteria and easily uncovers gum tissue where implants have been placed. It can also be used to quickly repair oral ulcers and beautifully recontour or repair gum tissue with a precision line.
Along with these beneficial offerings, our patient family appreciates the advantages of a comprehensive care dental office. With nearly every dental service in one location and care provided by caregivers that patients trust, this gives added reassurance for fearful patients, especially. In only rare cases do we need to refer a patient to another office for care.
Once an anxious patient realizes they needn’t go elsewhere for complete dental care, they feel a sense of relaxation knowing that the same gentle, skilled hands will be caring for them through all stages of life. In our Shelby Township dental office, we provide children’s dentistry, orthodontics (braces), crowns, veneers, crown & bridge, dental implants, and everything in-between.
The dental environment our patients enjoy also provides “seamless care”. This means a patient who needs a root canal and placement of a porcelain crown has everything provided without having to go to additional dental offices. Here, appointments can be combined and time in treatment minimized. Patients know our staff are committed to the high standards of care we would wish for ourselves and our loved ones.
In a single Macomb County dental office, we offer…
• General dentistry – which includes periodic check-ups and cleanings to prevent problems or catch them at early stages (cavity repair, gum tissue inflammation, abnormal wear or fractures in teeth, etc.).
• Periodontal (Gum) Therapy – for the treatment of gum disease at most stages. Our thorough and advanced measures can often restore the gums to a healthy state and prevent the need for tooth removal.
• Cosmetic dentistry – including porcelain veneers, crowns, tooth whitening, bonding, inlays/onlays, and gum reshaping (for correcting “gummy smiles” or crown lengthening). Patients achieve beautiful, natural-looking smiles that are, at times, life changing.
• Sedation dentistry – For optimal relaxation throughout treatment, we offer oral sedation as well as IV sedation (twilight sleep). Additional comfort options are available as appropriate to treatment and the individual.
• Wisdom Tooth Extraction – with gentle hands through our Oral Surgeon, with sleep dentistry available.
• TMJ Therapy – As a neuromuscular dentist, I have developed a far-reaching reputation for treating patients who suffer with the problems associated with jaw joint disorders. Some of my patients come for this care from many distances, including out of state.
• Snoring/Sleep Apnea Therapy – Through the use of advanced technology, we can determine the customized shape of oral appliances that restore restful sleep. Through these, some patients are able to avoid the need for CPAP therapy.
• Root Canals – Performed using modern techniques, our patients do not have to seek the care of an endodontist when root canal therapy is needed.
• Dental Emergencies – Our patients enjoy accessibility for mishaps that sometimes occur at the worst of times, including broken or knocked out teeth, cut lips, tongue bites, and dental pain.
Looking for a dental office that’s aligned to help fearful patients or those who simply desire a capable, caring team? Call 586-739-2155 to schedule a no-charge consultation or tap here to begin. During this time, I’ll personally answer your questions and make recommendations that are based on your needs and goals.
If you struggle with dental fears, you may also want to download our “Guide For Fearful Dental Patients.” This features helpful tips and information to help anxious patients.