When people purchase a bargain-priced shirt at a discount ‘mega store,’ they can’t expect to receive the same quality as if the shirt was purchased at Land’s End®. While both stores sell shirts, there can be a vast difference in the quality of fabric, stitching, buttons, and seaming. The longevity and long-term appearance of a Land’s End® shirt is designed to meet expectations because of their reputation for quality.
You may be surprised to learn that dental cleanings and exams can vary a great deal from dentist’s office to dentist’s office. Here are some of the ways we provide an exceptional experience and quality in your 6-month checkups:
• Exceptional Comfort: For over two decades, we have developed a reputation for providing optimal comfort throughout each visit. For people who have sensitive teeth, dental fears, a bad gagging reflex, or tender gums, we create a more pleasant experience start-to-finish. Our hygienists use a gentle and un-rushed touch to thoroughly clean teeth and evaluate gums. They devote an entire hour to each patient so care is delivered thoroughly and comfortably. Additionally, our office is committed to the use of instruments and materials that enhance the ability to remove oral bacteria, plaque and tartar (calculus). This commitment provides patients with a better cleaning so they can maintain good oral health between visits.
• Exceptional Dental Tools: Modern technology has provided dental features that create more effective methods in dental cleaning as well as making the time spent in the chair more efficient. For example, dental imaging has replaced the old ‘x-rays,’ which provide clearer, more detailed views. They are also able to be viewed in enlarged formats on a monitor so the patient has a firsthand view of problem areas or those at risk. This helps the patient be better informed so they can have greater participation in treatment decisions. We also use certain cleaning substances that are gentler on restorations, such as porcelain veneers. This means there is less potential to scratch these surfaces.
• Exceptional Training: Our hygienists receive regular training to help each stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in gum health, cleaning techniques, and patient communication. They often travel out of state in order to receive the most advanced continuing education through courses that are accredited by the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD). Although we compensate our hygienists for this time, we are proud that our hygiene team continually excels in each of these courses.
• Exceptional Sterilization: Just as important as your comfort is your safety. Here, we make certain that your total dental care environment is clean with all instruments sterilized to standards that meet or exceed requirements by the Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and OSHA. Additionally, the techniques our staff use on patients incorporate measures that protect you from preventable risks.
• Exceptional Results: The reason you have a dental hygiene appointment in the first place is to help you avoid the risk of cavities and periodontal (gum) disease. With good oral health, your smile is brighter, your breath is fresher, and you save time and money by NOT needing dental repairs. When dental cleanings are rushed and not thorough, you could be left with calculus that can lead to cavities and gum disease.
• Exceptional Care: We take great pride in treating all ages of patients and offering a complete care dental office where virtually all dental needs can be met. We rarely have to refer patients to another office since we provide dental services to fulfill nearly every need. Our patients also know they can trust us to recommend what is appropriate for their specific needs and then treat them with a commitment to providing ideal results. You may also be interested to know that, when a patient leaves our practice due to changes in insurance or a move, a large percentage choose to return after less-than-ideal experiences at other dental offices.
Your comfort and the ability to avoid problems in the first place begins with your choice of a dental office that is committed to your LONG-TERM success. If you’re ready for a dental cleaning that is truly DIFFERENT because it makes a true DIFFERENCE, call 586-739-2155 or tap here to begin with a free consultation. New patients are always welcome!